Jim

Default HELP! Need Opinion On Tile Layout In Bath/Shower Alcove!

HELP!! I need a professional opinion on how to layout the tiles in a
whirlpool/shower alcove. I installed a 32" wide whirlpool in an alcove
that's exactly 32-1/2" deep. When the 32"x60" tub is in place there's 1/2"
of wall between the edge of the tub and the edge (corner) of the alcove
wall.
I will be installing a glass sliding shower door on top of the outside rim
of the whirlpool tub with the metal ends screwed to the wall.

How do I tile this?

1. Do I place the tiles starting inline exactly with the outside edge of the
tub with a 1/2" of bare wall showing? Then mount the shower door on top of
the tub rim and screwed through the tile to the wall in the alcove?

2. Do I place the tiles starting at the very edge of alcove wall with 1/2"
slivers of tiles below the rim of the tub? I would have whole tiles above
the rim of the tub and 1/2" sliver tiles below the rim between the edge of
the tub and alcove corner. Then mount the shower door on top of the tub rim
and screwed through the tile to the wall in the alcove?

3. Should the shower door mount directly on the bare wall with the tiles cut
around the metal ends of the shower door that mount to the wall?

G Henslee

Jim wrote:
HELP!! I need a professional opinion on how to layout the tiles in a
whirlpool/shower alcove. I installed a 32" wide whirlpool in an alcove

snip

Throw some good pics up on a web site that depict what you're attempting
to describe and I'll help you.

OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
**** Tile questions ceramic .vs. porcelain **** TheCouchCruncher Home Repair 6 October 9th 04 03:27 AM
Florida Tile LD Home Repair 16 March 2nd 04 11:52 PM
Florida Tile LD Home Ownership 17 March 2nd 04 11:52 PM
Tile Indentation & Cracking, Installer, and the Attorney General Ben Home Repair 8 July 18th 03 02:25 PM