Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
RD

Default re-routing a dryer vent

My builder vented my dryer (gas) into my garage. I suppose this was
within code but this seems like a really bad idea. My garage is always
too hot and humid despite my efforts to open the garage doors and/or
windows while the dryer is running. Also, the lint is the pain in the
___ - making the garage constantly dusty. I'd like to re-rout the vent
outside. Any suggestions on an easy way to do this? The current vent
location is such that I would need to go around a door before directing
the vent to the back of the house. Due to the thickness of dryer vent
pipe, it seems that I wouldn't want to run this within the walls,
right? I guess I would have to run the vent exposed in the garage?

Any help is appreciated.

RD

dryer vent location John Home Repair 7 June 14th 05 04:31 AM
Clothes dryer vent outlet routing Dan C Home Repair 19 March 4th 05 05:17 PM
Where oh where to put an ouside dryer vent from below ground Wally Home Repair 23 December 17th 04 12:11 PM
Where oh where to put an ouside dryer vent from below ground Wally Home Ownership 23 December 17th 04 12:11 PM
Help with dryer vent on glass block window Jordan Powell Home Repair 7 February 27th 04 02:56 AM