Joseph Meehan

RD wrote:
My builder vented my dryer (gas) into my garage. I suppose this was
within code but this seems like a really bad idea. My garage is
always too hot and humid despite my efforts to open the garage doors
and/or windows while the dryer is running. Also, the lint is the
pain in the ___ - making the garage constantly dusty. I'd like to
re-rout the vent outside. Any suggestions on an easy way to do this?
The current vent location is such that I would need to go around a
door before directing the vent to the back of the house. Due to the
thickness of dryer vent pipe, it seems that I wouldn't want to run
this within the walls, right? I guess I would have to run the vent
exposed in the garage?

Any help is appreciated.

RD

Hopefully it was not code were you live, but some places don't have very
good codes. My only comments a

Use metal duct (not corrugated) and not plastic!
Use as short a path as possible (see dryer specs)
If it seems impossible, call in an experienced professional. They have
the experience to find answers where none are apparent.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit