jim

Default problems with engineered flooring install

I am in the process of reassembling some engineered flooring after
correcting some mistakes. Kahrs assembles like laminate but has a 1/8
inch hardwood surface. I notice on the seams that there is a small
ledge just enough to catch a fingernail between the seams of the
majority of the boards, though the seams look tight and you can't
actually see the ledge. Kahrs says their floors fit flush and that this
might have been caused by overengaging the boards by tapping them too
hard during assembly. Almost all the seams are like this, even in
places that went together with no hammer and block tapping (we were
gentle when we tapped). Another person at Kahrs said that this problem
was caused by the boards swelling in humid weather and not by
overengaging the boards. It has been quite humid here the last few
weeks. Did we goof or is this just how this types of flooring fit
together? Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks for the help.

Did you try reducing the humidity and letting the wood sit for a week?

Art

I did not buy Armstrong floors because they seemed to have a tiny gap. The
Mannington laminate we put down 2 years ago has no gap and can be removed
and replaced as many times as you want. Most cannot or have a gap.

"jim" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Chantecler Windows and Doors Brian White Home Repair 3 June 6th 16 11:22 PM
Home Depot Flooring Geoff Woodworking 13 June 8th 05 09:23 PM
Natura engineered wooden flooring from Flooring Supplies - any experiences? Mark Walters UK diy 3 February 15th 05 09:24 PM
laminate flooring install time [email protected] Home Repair 15 January 31st 05 03:12 AM
Can't Glue Flooring to Concrete Subfloors SQLit Home Repair 3 December 24th 04 12:13 AM