Default Brass vs Steel Hinges (For Internal Doors) Feedback

I'm in the process of building a house in the country and am going with
that "rustic" hardware throughout the house. Has anyone have any
feedback on going with steel door hinges (oil rubbed bronze) vs. the
brass door hinges (oil rubbed bronze) for all the internal doors? The
steel hinges are substantially cheaper but I'm looking for any problems
down the road.

Thanks.

Chris

Tony Hwang

Art wrote:
Rust.

wrote in message
ups.com...

I'm in the process of building a house in the country and am going with
that "rustic" hardware throughout the house. Has anyone have any
feedback on going with steel door hinges (oil rubbed bronze) vs. the
brass door hinges (oil rubbed bronze) for all the internal doors? The
steel hinges are substantially cheaper but I'm looking for any problems
down the road.

Thanks.

Chris

Hi,
Rusty, squeaky come to mind, LOL. Think,
why would they be cheaper? All doors in my house, condo downtown, cabin
in the woods have 3 brass hinges with screws in every mounting hole.
Tony