Dan Birchall

Default Leaky Toilet

We've got an old toilet with a "washdown" style water path, and a
curved pipe from the tank to the bowl (the bowl is labeled "Crane
Neuton," but Crane has nothing about this model on their web site,
and a site about toilets indicated the "washdown" style is basically
no longer produced). When flushed, it leaks at the bowl end of the
curved pipe. Our presumptions are that there's a gasket or something
in there that's worn out.

Shutting off the water to it is trivial, and hopefully taking it apart
wouldn't be too hard either, but I'm wondering whether anyone else
here has dealt with such a beastie, and if so, whether they have any
pointers, since I've only been able to find one or two even general
sketches of the type of toilet, let alone parts diagrams, on-line.

Yes, the idea of simply getting something a little more modern has
crossed my mind, but I do want to do things frugally.

--
Dan Birchall - http://danbirchall.multiply.com/ - images, words, technology

Leaky Toilet -- how much water will it waste? Andrew Richman Home Repair 28 February 13th 19 09:21 PM
leaky toilet The Dave© Home Repair 16 April 16th 05 04:32 PM
Leaky Toilet [email protected] Home Repair 6 March 1st 05 12:27 AM
wax free toilet seal - experiences? AAB Home Repair 18 March 3rd 04 01:05 AM
Run on toilet paper predicted Stormin Mormon Home Repair 12 October 30th 03 07:48 PM