Default propane lines and fittings

Are compression fittings acceptable to use on propane lines (2 psi and
11'' w.c.)? If not, are the hardware variety flare fittings
acceptable, or does propane use some goofy angle, like refrigeration?
Thanks. For what its worth, I am a skilled do-it-yourselfer, but Have
only worked with black iron pipe. Thanks

SQLit

wrote in message
oups.com...
Are compression fittings acceptable to use on propane lines (2 psi and
11'' w.c.)? If not, are the hardware variety flare fittings
acceptable, or does propane use some goofy angle, like refrigeration?
Thanks. For what its worth, I am a skilled do-it-yourselfer, but Have
only worked with black iron pipe. Thanks

Before I would say yes, it would really depend on what the application was.
Inside of a wall, definitely not.

the application is for propane distribution at the tank regulator, and
where the appliance is. It would not be covered up.

the application is for propane distribution at the tank regulator, and
where the appliance is. It would not be covered up.

toller

Compression "ought" to be adequate, but code probably requires flare; yeh,
the hardware store variety.

I suggest you contact your building department and ask them.