Dennis Straussfogel

Default Trouble restarting Poulan chainsaw

Hello,

I recently bought a reconditioned Poulan chainsaw motor (38cc) and it
starts and runs perfectly when cold, but if I turn it off for ten
minutes or so (to refuel, or whatever) it's extremely difficult to
restart. I've tried the manual's various restart procedures, and various
other combinations of choke and primer with no success. After what seems
like a hundred pulls it will finally start and run for a couple seconds,
and after repeating this twenty times or so, it will stay running
tentatively, and after I coax it up to normal temp will then run fine
again. Is there some trick to getting these things restarted? Other than
this I couldn't be happier with it's performance. Thanks for any help.

Denny