Sacramento Dave

Default Hot water tank noise

My hot water tank has started making a odd noise, it's not the normal poppy
sound from tank deposits. The best description would be a half second drum
roil about every 10 seconds. ( almost like a animal scratching itself in the
wall) I have drained the water out of the system thinking it might be some
kind of air harmer, Drained some of the water out of tank, the only way I
have got it to stop is to shut the water to tank off and blow some water out
of PRV. The tank is about 7 years old 50Gal, GE, self cleaning. It's pretty
much non stop so any suggestion would be a help. Thanks

Joseph Meehan

Sacramento Dave wrote:
My hot water tank has started making a odd noise, it's not the normal
poppy sound from tank deposits. The best description would be a half
second drum roil about every 10 seconds. ( almost like a animal
scratching itself in the wall) I have drained the water out of the
system thinking it might be some kind of air harmer, Drained some of
the water out of tank, the only way I have got it to stop is to shut
the water to tank off and blow some water out of PRV. The tank is
about 7 years old 50Gal, GE, self cleaning. It's pretty much non stop
so any suggestion would be a help. Thanks

Do you have an anti-siphon valve? How about an expansion tank in your
system? You may need one or you may need the one you have made functional
again.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Sacramento Dave

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message

Do you have an anti-siphon valve? How about an expansion tank in

your
system? You may need one or you may need the one you have made functional
again.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

there is no expansion tank. I don't se a anti-siphon valve.( don't no if

they piped any air chambers in system) I do have to shock arrestors I am
going to pipe the system. We have had the house about six months I am doing
allot of remodel but plumbing wise have only changed some fixtures and
replaced quiet a few angle stops, From the very small amount of plumbing
that is exposed it looks like a kid did it not even close to code. (it's on
a to do list) The noise has stopped why I don't know. But we do have a home
warranty I might get a new water heater for a $45 dollar deductible.It is
just a odd noise almost like a lose piece of metal rattling in the tank.

Hot Water Expansion Tank Overflowing Peter Cherry UK diy 8 November 20th 04 09:17 PM
Leak in hot water tank Johnny UK diy 9 April 9th 04 07:28 PM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM