Rich

Default Brooklyn Lumber Shops - NYC ??

I don't know what your doing with them but have you looked at steel studs?
For non bearing walls they are the way to go!
Rich

"alan" wrote in message
Anyone know of any good independant lumber shops in Brooklyn NYC
that have decent framing lumber. My local lumeryard stinks and I hate
driving out to Lowes but so far, they seem to have pretty good stock
*pricey at $4 for 2x4* but it's pretty straight, etc.

Mikepier

Try Stober building supply. I think there is one in Brooklyn.

Mikepier

I meant Strober Building supply. I mis-spelled the last post.

Mikepier

If the wood kept outside is pressure treated or cedar, then its not a
problem. But the fact is a lot of lumberyards keep some of their
supplies outside.