Dinah

Default Insulation question

We are replacing ceiling tiles in my mother's house and it appears there
never was any insulation previously. Our handyman wants to put out the roll
insulation and then blow insulation on top of that. Is this really
necessary? Isn't the roll insulation all that is necessary? TIA

De3pends on the weather where you live (duluth vs. Charolotte), among
other factors. Roughly where are you ?

Joseph Meehan

Dinah wrote:
We are replacing ceiling tiles in my mother's house and it appears
there never was any insulation previously. Our handyman wants to put
out the roll insulation and then blow insulation on top of that. Is
this really necessary? Isn't the roll insulation all that is
necessary? TIA

Do you mean he wants to put in roll insulation and then blow insulation
on top of that? If so that should be a good plan, but you may be able to
just blow the insulation in unless there are problems with that like vapor
barrier etc.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Dinah

Central Florida

wrote in message
oups.com...
De3pends on the weather where you live (duluth vs. Charolotte), among
other factors. Roughly where are you ?

JustDave

"Dinah" wrote in message
We are replacing ceiling tiles in my mother's house and it appears there
never was any insulation previously. Our handyman wants to put out the
roll
insulation and then blow insulation on top of that. Is this really
necessary? Isn't the roll insulation all that is necessary? TIA

If the ceiling tiles just sit loose in a grid (not clipped down) you may
find (as I did) that it 'snows' blown in insulation every time someone slams
a door for the 1st few months. I did. It's also a mess if you ever have to
replace a tile or remove it to work above.
JustDave

OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Insulation question near lights rck Home Repair 7 November 4th 04 05:48 PM
Low voltage lights and loft insulation question Kalico UK diy 4 November 1st 04 10:58 PM