Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Greg M

Default AC runs continuously

I've been having some trouble with the central AC in a house that I just recently moved into. The problem is, the AC works fine, but it won't keep a constant temperature. Basically, when I turn the thermostat to "cool" and "auto" it just runs and runs even after the desired temperature is met. I thought that it might be a bad thermostat, and since I wanted to upgrade to a programmable one anyway, I bought a new thermostat (Honeywell CT3500A1004) and installed it. The AC still does the same thing, I set the temperature at one day 75 when I left for work and when I got home it was down to 68 and the AC was still running. Now I haven't been running my AC during the day, but when I get home the temperature in the house is over 80, so it takes almost the entire night to get it back to a comfortable level. This is my last ditch effort before I have someone come out, any suggestions?

Greg M

Fridge runs when door opens. Tim Zimmerman Home Ownership 4 March 8th 05 08:03 PM
Fridge runs when door opens. Tim Zimmerman Home Repair 5 March 8th 05 08:03 PM
sump pump running continuously [email protected] Home Ownership 1 February 21st 05 05:02 PM
CH pump runs 24/7 Jim UK diy 72 December 23rd 04 01:51 PM
Low water pressue; well pump always runs bc Home Repair 2 August 30th 04 03:38 PM