Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default sump pump running continuously

I noticed that the sump pump in my house seems to be running
continuously even when there is no rain. When I checked the sump, I
found that there is continuous flow of water into the sump below the
drain pipe that enters in sump pit.

The sump pit is enclosed in by black plastic container and drain pipe
is coming though one of the hole in this container. I have notice rocks
around this drain pipe, before it enters into sump pit.

Is it normal for water to enter into Sump pit surrounding space of
drain pipe? Do I need to concealed space surrounding drain pipe? If I
need to conceal then what will be best option when water is
continuously flowing.

One more thing, my home is 9 Yr old and it's backing a pond, which is
frozen. I have installed flexi pipe from sump pipe outlet outside my
home to 10 feet away from my home foundation. I could see water coming
out through that pipe to make sure pipe is not frozen and water is not
draining back into sump pit.

I will appreciate your input.

Thanks,
ANAGOR

John A. Weeks III

In article .com,
wrote:

I noticed that the sump pump in my house seems to be running
continuously even when there is no rain. When I checked the sump, I
found that there is continuous flow of water into the sump below the
drain pipe that enters in sump pit.

The sump pit is enclosed in by black plastic container and drain pipe
is coming though one of the hole in this container. I have notice rocks
around this drain pipe, before it enters into sump pit.

Is it normal for water to enter into Sump pit surrounding space of
drain pipe? Do I need to concealed space surrounding drain pipe? If I
need to conceal then what will be best option when water is
continuously flowing.

No, that is not normal. The water should be coming in through
the drain tile, then flowing into the basket. If your pump is
running all the time, the life of the pump and motor is going
to be pretty short. I'd keep a spare on hand given the amount
of water you are getting. Not to mention a small Honda or
Yamaha generator in case you lose power.

One more thing, my home is 9 Yr old and it's backing a pond, which is
frozen. I have installed flexi pipe from sump pipe outlet outside my
home to 10 feet away from my home foundation. I could see water coming
out through that pipe to make sure pipe is not frozen and water is not
draining back into sump pit.

I think you may have a serious problem. You have a lot of
water coming in around your house. I think there is a chance
that your pond is leaking. This could turn into a gusher at
some point in the spring and flood your house. You need to
get an engineer out to look at your situation. You may need
to make some test holes to check on the water flow.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708

Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com