Tim Zimmerman

Default Fridge runs when door opens.

This Whirlpool fridge will run for half an hour each time the door is
open for 1-sec, and runs very loudly. All the cold air will pour into the
tile floor each time the door is cracked open. My previous fridge
doesn't do this.

I am unsure how to solve this problem other than to try using the upper
freezer more often. Since opening the upper door won't cause the
fridge to run as long. What is the best way to prevent most of the cold
air from escaping once the door is open?

Thanks

Adam

Well, you better go catch it!

(I'm really, really sorry. I couldn't resist!)

Robert Morien

In article .com,
"Adam" wrote:

Well, you better go catch it!

(I'm really, really sorry. I couldn't resist!)

The modern version is probably "Give it some zyrtec"
Mike Fritz

Tim Zimmerman wrote:
This Whirlpool fridge will run for half an hour each time the door is
open for 1-sec, and runs very loudly. All the cold air will pour into the
tile floor each time the door is cracked open. My previous fridge
doesn't do this.

I am unsure how to solve this problem other than to try using the upper
freezer more often. Since opening the upper door won't cause the
fridge to run as long. What is the best way to prevent most of the cold
air from escaping once the door is open?

Thanks

Put stuff in it?
--Mike
Ed

"Tim Zimmerman" wrote

This Whirlpool fridge will run for half an hour each time the door is
open for 1-sec, and runs very loudly. All the cold air will pour into the
tile floor each time the door is cracked open. My previous fridge
doesn't do this.

I am unsure how to solve this problem other than to try using the upper
freezer more often. Since opening the upper door won't cause the
fridge to run as long. What is the best way to prevent most of the cold
air from escaping once the door is open?

Thanks

I can't imagine why anyone would want to open the door for one second,
that's not enough time to find something and remove it even if you know
where it is.

If the refrigerator is keeping the food well then it's probably working as
it should be. I think you are looking for problems that don't exist.

AutoTracer

Upper freezer? Do you have more than one? What configuration is the
fridge, freezer on top/bottom, side by side?

Anyway. the problem may not be the running but the running loud.
Troubleshoot that problem and you may not care. You can also try fiddling
with the temperature controls especially the one that controls airflow
between the compartments (as opposed to the thermostat). Customer support
for consumer applicances is generally pretty good. Call the company (or
sears) hotline for tips.

There really isn't a way to keep the cold in when you open it. You can try
rearranging the shelves and bins or stocking more heavy items near the
bottom (like 2 gallons of milk). A well loaded fridge has a large thermal
mass (which stores cold) and less air to loose.

"Tim Zimmerman" wrote in message
m...
This Whirlpool fridge will run for half an hour each time the door is
open for 1-sec, and runs very loudly. All the cold air will pour into the
tile floor each time the door is cracked open. My previous fridge
doesn't do this.

I am unsure how to solve this problem other than to try using the upper
freezer more often. Since opening the upper door won't cause the
fridge to run as long. What is the best way to prevent most of the cold
air from escaping once the door is open?

Thanks

Fridge runs when door opens. Tim Zimmerman Home Ownership 4 March 8th 05 08:03 PM
Built in fridge problem Peter UK diy 2 December 1st 04 04:25 PM
Integrated fridge John UK diy 3 April 29th 04 12:08 PM
Fridge freezer annoyance Craig Graham UK diy 2 March 23rd 04 10:12 PM
Problem with Fridge Freezer [email protected] UK diy 1 July 29th 03 09:23 PM