Texas Yankee

Default Transition technique between two types of engineered wood flooring?

A previous homeowner put down some engineered wood in the dining room area -
and he left the carpeting in an adjacent living room area - hard to
describe, but the transition line runs diagonally between the DR and LR - I
want to remove the carpeting and complete the LR area with wood flooring -
the previous owner is not around so I can't find out what he used, and I've
been unable to find a close enough match - any ideas for some type of a
transition between the old and the new? Thanks!

SQLit

"Texas Yankee" wrote in message
A previous homeowner put down some engineered wood in the dining room

area -
and he left the carpeting in an adjacent living room area - hard to
describe, but the transition line runs diagonally between the DR and LR -

want to remove the carpeting and complete the LR area with wood flooring -
the previous owner is not around so I can't find out what he used, and

I've
been unable to find a close enough match - any ideas for some type of a
transition between the old and the new? Thanks!

What I did was get a piece of 1/2 by 2 inch lumber. I used a belt sander and
formed a gentle curve on one side. Stained it as close as I could. Shot it
in with finish nails. Came out pretty good. Not even a toe stubbier.

James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Most, if not all, of the floor mfg's make a T molding. This slips down
between the two floors and provides a transition between the two. There's a
picture here of what I'm talking about:
http://www.higueraimports.com/bamboo...bcategoryid=89

Never heard of this particular company, just posted this to show the
picture.
Cheers,
cc