Ron

Default Roof Turbine Question

I installed a 12" roof turbine today and after I finished, I started
looking at it and wondering, how in the hell is rain NOT going to get in
it?

Looks like the rain could just run down the fins and right into the
attic, if it isn't spinning while its raining.

How does the rain stay out of it?

SQLit

"Ron" wrote in message
I installed a 12" roof turbine today and after I finished, I started
looking at it and wondering, how in the hell is rain NOT going to get in
it?

Looks like the rain could just run down the fins and right into the
attic, if it isn't spinning while its raining.

How does the rain stay out of it?

They usually start spinning. As the roof cools because of the rain the hot
air in the attic rises and the turbine spins.
If water was an issue do you think that there would be so many of them
installed?

Ron

bob wrote:
Someone in Florida posted last year that the only time rain got into
the turbine was during a storm when the rain was horizontal.

I live in Fl (orlando) also! LOL!

That's why I'm concerned. We have BAD thunderstorms here almost every
afternoon in the summer (june-august) not to mention the hurricanes of
late.

nospambob

Sounds like your cousins to the South are about due for drenching this
weekend. Our turbine was installed about 10 years ago as part of a
reroof and it was from HD about $20.00USD. No sqeaks/hollers/lube and
it dropped garage temp 20° and that's where my days are spent. No
insulation beneath so anything coming in is spotted immediately. I
put a cover on a hinge to close it up when it cools off to slow heat
loss.