Eric and Megan Swope

Default pumice stone brush

Hi. I have old toilets in home we bought 3 years ago, probably the original
American Standard. The house is 40 years old. There are very stubborn
stains and calcium deposits on all 3 toilets. I have tried using CLR, Lime
Away, and Bar Keepers Friend with a Dobie Pad to try and get these off, no
luck. My last try is pumice stone. Before I go and try this, will the
pumice harm the porcelain, or is it safe to use to try and get these stains
off? Thanks.

David Martel

Eric,

Pumice is pretty soft and is marketed for this use. You can scratch the
porcelain noticeably if you use a lot of force or do this scrubbing
routinely. But you'll probably be ok.

Dave M.

David Martel

Eric,

I really don't know if that would help. Don't think it would do much but
require rubber gloves and goggles.

Dave M.

George E. Cawthon

Eric and Megan Swope wrote:
Hi. I have old toilets in home we bought 3 years ago, probably the original
American Standard. The house is 40 years old. There are very stubborn
stains and calcium deposits on all 3 toilets. I have tried using CLR, Lime
Away, and Bar Keepers Friend with a Dobie Pad to try and get these off, no
luck. My last try is pumice stone. Before I go and try this, will the
pumice harm the porcelain, or is it safe to use to try and get these stains
off? Thanks.

Go ahead and use the pumice. You will be
surprised at how well it works. And no, pumice
won't scratch porcelain.

Rudy

My last try is pumice stone. Before I go and try this, will the
pumice harm the porcelain, or is it safe to use to try and get these
stains off? Thanks.

tried all the chemicals without success. Wife uses pumice stone....doesnt
hurt the porcelain.
Kohler Wellworth toilets.

MUADIB®

LAVA Soap bar.