Default Replacing moen kitchen sink cartridge

I have a cartridge that appears to be bad. It leaks when on hot from
the handle but not on cold.

How do you take the cartridge out? There is one screw on top, but whats
after that.

Also, how do I make sure I get the exact same one to replace it.

Thanks,

C_kubie

toller

If you call Moen they will send you a replacement. (You are the original
owner aren't you?!)

There will be directions with it, but it is mainly removing a clip.
I have done three. A fourth simply wouldn't come out. Good luck.

Nope, not the original owner. Probably the 3rd or 4th owner

toller

wrote in message
oups.com...
Nope, not the original owner. Probably the 3rd or 4th owner

Well then, you will have to choose between spending $8 at the store or lying
to Moen.

Haas

Go to your BIGBOX store and purchase a Moen cartridge remover tool $15.00 .
Remove the cartridge.
Return the tool for a refund at the BIGBOX store.
Now all you have to do match up the old cartridge with the new.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a cartridge that appears to be bad. It leaks when on hot from
the handle but not on cold.

How do you take the cartridge out? There is one screw on top, but whats
after that.

Also, how do I make sure I get the exact same one to replace it.

Thanks,

C_kubie

toller

Go to your BIGBOX store and purchase a Moen cartridge remover tool $15.00
.
Remove the cartridge.
Return the tool for a refund at the BIGBOX store.
Now all you have to do match up the old cartridge with the new.

Hopefully will have too much integrity to do that; but you could ask if they
could lend you one. HD offered to lend me a basin wrench once.

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a cartridge that appears to be bad. It leaks when on hot from
the handle but not on cold.

How do you take the cartridge out? There is one screw on top, but whats
after that.

Also, how do I make sure I get the exact same one to replace it.

Thanks,

C_kubie

First, buy the new cartridge. They sell two, a brass and a plastic. The
only difference is the material and the price. Both work equally as well.

Included in the package is instruction. You will need an adjustable wrench
of a proper sized open end wrench to turn the plastic cap also included.

Turn off the water, of course.

You use a flat blade of a screwdriver to slip out a holding lock device.
just slide it out. Using the plastic cap, turn the cartridge (I forget if it
is quarter or half turn) and pull it up and out. Replace the new one the
opposite way. Note the orientation of the holes or it will reverse the hot
and cold.

First time will take about 15 minutes. Having done it a couple of time, I
can do it in five.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

MTLnews

Most Moen faucets have a lifetime guarantee.
Why buy the cardtridge when most HD will GIVE you replacement MOEN parts in
exchange for the old one ?
Even Reno Depot in Montreal (same as HD bigbox style store) has given me
replacement cartridges for both Moen and Delta faucets (in exchange for the
old ones) without giving me any hassles.

If you still can't figure out how to take it off, then call Moen's support
number, they are usually pretty good at helping out on these matters. And
if you are not in a rush, they will even send you the cartridge.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
m...

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Calvin Henry-Cotnam

MTLnews ) said...

Most Moen faucets have a lifetime guarantee.
Why buy the cardtridge when most HD will GIVE you replacement MOEN parts in
exchange for the old one ?
Even Reno Depot in Montreal (same as HD bigbox style store) has given me
replacement cartridges for both Moen and Delta faucets (in exchange for the
old ones) without giving me any hassles.

I can confirm this from personal experience. In fact, any Moen dealer
should be able to do this.

At Home Depots I've been to, they have a cabinet stocked with Moen
replacement parts. Just take the old cartridge in and go directly to
a plumbing associate and they will replace it for you.

It doesn't matter where the faucet itself was purchased.

--
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
- Napoleon