Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a cartridge that appears to be bad. It leaks when on hot from
the handle but not on cold.

How do you take the cartridge out? There is one screw on top, but whats
after that.

Also, how do I make sure I get the exact same one to replace it.

Thanks,

C_kubie

First, buy the new cartridge. They sell two, a brass and a plastic. The
only difference is the material and the price. Both work equally as well.

Included in the package is instruction. You will need an adjustable wrench
of a proper sized open end wrench to turn the plastic cap also included.

Turn off the water, of course.

You use a flat blade of a screwdriver to slip out a holding lock device.
just slide it out. Using the plastic cap, turn the cartridge (I forget if it
is quarter or half turn) and pull it up and out. Replace the new one the
opposite way. Note the orientation of the holes or it will reverse the hot
and cold.

First time will take about 15 minutes. Having done it a couple of time, I
can do it in five.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/