Blue

Default New age of faucet repair parts

I just learned something recently that no doubt many already know, bear with
me if you are one of those.
Over the years when a faucet needed repairs I just went to the local
hardware store and got the parts. that situation no longer applies because
of the lifetime warranty most mfgrs now give.

Because of this changing situation parts are now generally not available and
one must dial the mfgr 800 number to get the parts sent free.

What that means is that you must save your installation brochure and receipt
in order to tell the mfgr what the model number is as it is not imprinted on
the faucet.

That was my surprise as I save most everything but not faucet papers. Also
the warranty is "limited" to the original owner so the paper/receipt should
stay with the property.
Blue

Curly Sue

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 15:56:53 -0700, "Blue" wrote:
snip
What that means is that you must save your installation brochure and receipt
in order to tell the mfgr what the model number is as it is not imprinted on
the faucet.

That was my surprise as I save most everything but not faucet papers. Also
the warranty is "limited" to the original owner so the paper/receipt should
stay with the property.
Blue

I was lucky because I saved the box the faucet came in and it had the
model number. If I didn't, you're right it would have been much
harder!

Sue(tm)
Edwin Pawlowski

"Blue" wrote in message ...
I just learned something recently that no doubt many already know, bear
with me if you are one of those.
Over the years when a faucet needed repairs I just went to the local
hardware store and got the parts. that situation no longer applies because
of the lifetime warranty most mfgrs now give.

Because of this changing situation parts are now generally not available
and one must dial the mfgr 800 number to get the parts sent free.

What that means is that you must save your installation brochure and
receipt in order to tell the mfgr what the model number is as it is not
imprinted on the faucet.

What brand do you have? Moen has only one cartridge that will fit every
kitchen faucet they make and it is readily available in Home Depot or my
local hardware store.

You make a good point and it is worth checking before you buy a new model.
I'd hate to have to wait days, or even weeks, for a factory part.

MTLnews

I took a Delta cartridge to my Local HD, showed it to the guy, and he just
gave me an exact new replacement (in exchange for the old one) with no
charge, and no asking for receipt. Since these units are guaranteed for
life, they don't really care, as long as they carry that brand. They
usually get a stock of replacement supplies from the manufacturer,. and they
can trade the defective parts for new replacements themselves. It usually
depends on the staff.. If they feel like teeing you off, they will ask for
a receipt, otherwise, they don't care.