MTLnews

I took a Delta cartridge to my Local HD, showed it to the guy, and he just
gave me an exact new replacement (in exchange for the old one) with no
charge, and no asking for receipt. Since these units are guaranteed for
life, they don't really care, as long as they carry that brand. They
usually get a stock of replacement supplies from the manufacturer,. and they
can trade the defective parts for new replacements themselves. It usually
depends on the staff.. If they feel like teeing you off, they will ask for
a receipt, otherwise, they don't care.

"Blue" wrote in message ...
I just learned something recently that no doubt many already know, bear

with
me if you are one of those.
Over the years when a faucet needed repairs I just went to the local
hardware store and got the parts. that situation no longer applies because
of the lifetime warranty most mfgrs now give.

Because of this changing situation parts are now generally not available

and
one must dial the mfgr 800 number to get the parts sent free.

What that means is that you must save your installation brochure and

receipt
in order to tell the mfgr what the model number is as it is not imprinted

on
the faucet.

That was my surprise as I save most everything but not faucet papers.

Also
the warranty is "limited" to the original owner so the paper/receipt

should
stay with the property.
Blue