Default BATHROOM TILE GROUT CRACKING

I will try to be more specific about problem. These are 6x8 " tiles
installed on new primed 1/2" plywood on 16" studs above the new tub.
Corners are caulked. There are hairline cracks about 25% of the area.
I noticed these about a month or two after job was done. (about 2
years) Have never used the shower because of the cracks. I maybe could
spray silicone sealer on the walls but don't want to take a chance.
Wondering what I should do.

I don't know who except I thought it was a good option. The house had
1" tiles before repair on plywood and about 25 years old. The tiles
were good except outdated. The bottom row had some loose tiles. You
are right, a different backing was also recomended but I chose plywood.

BATHROOM TILE CRACKING [email protected] Home Repair 3 June 21st 05 10:09 PM
tile grout options pinya Home Repair 9 February 22nd 05 09:21 PM
Bathroom TIle Grout - How to make color the same? Les Home Repair 2 August 11th 04 12:15 PM
Minor Shower Tile Grout Cracking Fix (see pictures) Clocker Home Repair 12 June 19th 04 08:39 PM
Minor Shower Tile Grout Cracking Fix (see pictures) Clocker Home Repair 2 June 18th 04 11:27 AM