DannyB20

Default roof shingle repair after moving satt. dish mounting pole

Hello, Today I moved my satt. dish. The trees in my front yard had
grown too large and were blocking the signals. I moved it from the top
of the garage to a higher level on the main part of the house.
Went from getting signals of about 50% to 60% to over 100%.
Problem is the roof is about 4 yrs. old and the place I removed it from
now has 4 holes. I did fill them with a silicon product that will stop
any leakage through the roof but it is unsightly. I do have some left
over shingles that the original roofer left me.
I want to cut out(?) the shingles where the holes are and replace them
with the left over shingles I have. How do I do this.
Thanks for any info.
Dan.

JimL

On 4 Jun 2005 21:35:26 -0700, "DannyB20" wrote:

Hello, Today I moved my satt. dish. The trees in my front yard had
grown too large and were blocking the signals. I moved it from the top
of the garage to a higher level on the main part of the house.
Went from getting signals of about 50% to 60% to over 100%.
Problem is the roof is about 4 yrs. old and the place I removed it from
now has 4 holes. I did fill them with a silicon product that will stop
any leakage through the roof but it is unsightly. I do have some left
over shingles that the original roofer left me.
I want to cut out(?) the shingles where the holes are and replace them
with the left over shingles I have. How do I do this.
Thanks for any info.
Dan.

Just pry up the shingles where the hole is and place a shingle under
the outer most shingle and trim to fit and then glue down with 30 year
roofing adhesive - not silicone.

And do all this in the cool part of the day when temp is between 75
and 80.

Internal external roof repair N. Thornton UK diy 2 March 31st 04 11:06 AM
Roof Valley Repair - position of felt? Peter Hemmings UK diy 2 March 28th 04 03:54 PM
Flat Roof Identify Material and Repair Method TheScullster UK diy 3 March 19th 04 06:18 PM
Pitch and gravel roof? Terry UK diy 3 February 25th 04 02:43 PM
How much to repair roof leak Nehmo Sergheyev UK diy 1 February 12th 04 07:35 PM