Huddy

Default Roper dryer won't tumble

My Roper 7 cycle stopped tumbling. It's only 2 or 3 years old. I know
that the power is on because the light comes on and I can hear the
timer clicking when I choose the different cycles. I was looking for
the belt but after taking the back of the unit off I don't see anything
I can get to other than the heating unit. I'd appreciate your thoughts
and ideas on this problem before I get it serviced or buy another dryer.

Gene

On 4 Jun 2005 16:12:25 -0700, "Huddy" wrote:

My Roper 7 cycle stopped tumbling. It's only 2 or 3 years old. I know
that the power is on because the light comes on and I can hear the
timer clicking when I choose the different cycles. I was looking for
the belt but after taking the back of the unit off I don't see anything
I can get to other than the heating unit. I'd appreciate your thoughts
and ideas on this problem before I get it serviced or buy another dryer.

It very well could be the belt. Usually they have the gearworks on
the bottom..So look far below (Use flashlight) and see if belt is
there and tight or not.

The bitch is, putting it back on..As with usually any belt

Huddy

Thanks for all of the good info. Looks like I will have to do a lot
more disassembling than I'd like to because I can't get to anything
with just the back of the dryer off. It could be the motor because I
don't hear any humming. I have yet to see a belt. I'll just keep
plugging along.

Tumble dryer stops after 20 minutes Trevor Davies UK diy 6 April 19th 05 05:53 PM
Tumble Dryer Marsha UK diy 15 February 17th 05 02:00 PM
Candy Double quick 1500 Tumble Dryer Andy UK diy 2 January 10th 05 04:43 PM
Quilt cover in tumble dryer Thomas Home Ownership 2 November 27th 04 03:05 PM
Cost of using a tumble dryer DavyW UK diy 10 October 29th 04 09:27 AM