Phil

Default Old leather sofa question

I acquired an old black leather sofa. The color on it has faded as
the leather is a little distressed. Is there anything I can do to it
to renew the leather? I would hate to put the wrong thing on it and
have it come off on anyone's clothes.

Phil
======
visit the New York City Homebrewers Guild website:
http://www.hbd.org/nychg
BobK207

Lexol Cleaner & Lexol conditoner (I use them on my leather furniture &
car seats)

Don't know if anything can be done about the color

cheers
Bob

PrecisionMachinisT

"Phil" wrote in message
I acquired an old black leather sofa. The color on it has faded as
the leather is a little distressed. Is there anything I can do to it
to renew the leather? I would hate to put the wrong thing on it and
have it come off on anyone's clothes.

Suggest only sit on it while nude--the oils from your skin should do the
trick, given enough time....

And now about the 'smell' ........well, thats something that might well
warrant a new post, I suspect.

--

SVL

Phil

On 3 Jun 2005 23:10:36 -0700, "BobK207" wrote:

Lexol Cleaner & Lexol conditoner (I use them on my leather furniture &
car seats)

Don't know if anything can be done about the color

I was thinking of using something like Kiwi liquid shoe polish/dye.
Or would that come off on people's clothes?

Phil
======
visit the New York City Homebrewers Guild website:
http://www.hbd.org/nychg
Steve B.

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 23:07:37 -0400, Phil wrote:

I acquired an old black leather sofa. The color on it has faded as
the leather is a little distressed. Is there anything I can do to it
to renew the leather? I would hate to put the wrong thing on it and
have it come off on anyone's clothes.

Phil
======
visit the New York City Homebrewers Guild website:
http://www.hbd.org/nychg

http://www.leatherique.com/ makes some great leather restoration
products.

Steve B.

Richard J Kinch

Phil writes:

Is there anything I can do to it
to renew the leather?

I would try the auto parts store spray cans of vinyl color. Seems like it
should bond to leather. A lot of leather is actually coated with vinyl.