Slumlord

Default unltrasonic mouse repellants... do they work?

I have a tenant who is deathly afraid of mice. I have had a rather
intractable problem in this one building where she resides. I bait,
kill them off, and they come back a few months later.

I am in the process of filling all the interior walls with cellulose to
deprive them of nesting areas and to seal all the holes that they come
through. This is a very old building that shares common walls, so there
are lots of penetration that allow the mice to move around at will.
Unfortunately, the holes, plumbing penetrations, etc are all buried
behind the walls. Closing them up directly is not an option.

I need SOMETHING as a temporary stopgap measure, until I can finish
retrofitting the place. I have read that mice eventually build up a
resistance to those ultrasonic emitters. Has anyone here had good / bad
experience using them?
Gene

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 20:06:00 -0400, Slumlord
wrote:

I have a tenant who is deathly afraid of mice. I have had a rather
intractable problem in this one building where she resides. I bait,
kill them off, and they come back a few months later.

I am in the process of filling all the interior walls with cellulose to
deprive them of nesting areas and to seal all the holes that they come
through. This is a very old building that shares common walls, so there
are lots of penetration that allow the mice to move around at will.
Unfortunately, the holes, plumbing penetrations, etc are all buried
behind the walls. Closing them up directly is not an option.

I need SOMETHING as a temporary stopgap measure, until I can finish
retrofitting the place. I have read that mice eventually build up a
resistance to those ultrasonic emitters. Has anyone here had good / bad
experience using them?

The only success gained, is the seller parting you from your money.

Get more traps. or one of those catch and release types and then
continue with you plans.

As for the catch and release..Dump them in a bin by
themselves..Winner eats best
Joseph Meehan

Slumlord wrote:
I have a tenant who is deathly afraid of mice. I have had a rather
intractable problem in this one building where she resides. I bait,
kill them off, and they come back a few months later.

I am in the process of filling all the interior walls with cellulose
to deprive them of nesting areas and to seal all the holes that they
come through. This is a very old building that shares common walls,
so there are lots of penetration that allow the mice to move around
at will. Unfortunately, the holes, plumbing penetrations, etc are all
buried behind the walls. Closing them up directly is not an option.

I need SOMETHING as a temporary stopgap measure, until I can finish
retrofitting the place. I have read that mice eventually build up a
resistance to those ultrasonic emitters. Has anyone here had good /
bad experience using them?

The only good thing about them is it may make your tenant fell better.
However it will not stop or even slow up the mice.

I suggest a professional exterminator. They have tools and materials
you don't have access to.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Goedjn

I have a tenant who is deathly afraid of mice. I have had a rather
intractable problem in this one building where she resides. I bait,
kill them off, and they come back a few months later.

I am in the process of filling all the interior walls with cellulose to
deprive them of nesting areas and to seal all the holes that they come
through. This is a very old building that shares common walls, so there
are lots of penetration that allow the mice to move around at will.
Unfortunately, the holes, plumbing penetrations, etc are all buried
behind the walls. Closing them up directly is not an option.

I need SOMETHING as a temporary stopgap measure, until I can finish
retrofitting the place. I have read that mice eventually build up a
resistance to those ultrasonic emitters. Has anyone here had good / bad
experience using them?

Buy your tennant a pet ferret. The mean kind, not the friendly ones.
Mat and Suzy

I suggest a professional exterminator. They have tools and materials
you don't have access to.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

I agree. I have wasted hours trying to outwit the little b$$$$$$s, to no
avail, but the pro's worked it out in no time. Those guys know their enemy,
and can normally work out how to get rid of them. And probably no more
expensive than the cost of filling walls with cellulose. Some of them will
also guarantee you to be mouse free if you use them to fix the
vulnerabilities.

Gideon

Goedjn wrote:
Buy your tennant a pet ferret.
The mean kind, not the friendly ones.

The ferret may be more expensive than simplier approaches.

Also, always check local code before purchasing a ferret.
In many areas they are illegal.

Plagiarism Kirk Woodturning 118 March 9th 05 12:04 PM
How to find a good contractor? Alexander Galkin Home Repair 34 March 1st 05 05:06 PM
Electrical work - would inspector check previously done work? Himanshu Home Repair 4 January 23rd 05 07:04 PM
Weird mouse problem solved... The Natural Philosopher UK diy 37 September 24th 03 04:23 PM
Garage Door Work question user Home Ownership 2 August 5th 03 11:05 PM