BGREER5050

Default Sump Pump Problem

I have a little sump pump problem. I plan on calling in help, but
first I would like to get a little familiar with what I have.

The link below shows a picture of my system. I am wondering about the
pipe with the clear connection that is circled in red.

Is this pipe usually out going or incoming water?

The clear plastic coupling is leaking. I am wondering why that pipe
would be filled right now, as we have had a pretty dry spring here in
the Chicago area.

Is it normal for this pipe to have water in it all the time?

Thank you