CathyLee

Default Curtain rod placement?

I just replaced all the windows in the house and had them trimmed inside
with 6 " header.

Where should I place the black iron curtain rods, I have enough for
every window.

On the header or above on the wall?

The same for every window?

CathyLee

Edwin Pawlowski

"CathyLee" wrote in message
I just replaced all the windows in the house and had them trimmed inside
with 6 " header.

Where should I place the black iron curtain rods, I have enough for
every window.

On the header or above on the wall?

The same for every window?

I'd put them on the header and since it is a large header, I'd let it show.

Yes, I'd do them all the same.

That said, there is no reason you cold not do it some other way if you like
that effect better. If the header is something that is nice, why cover it
up? If the header is to cover up some other problem, cover it and give the
illusion of a longer window.

lenny fackler

CathyLee wrote:
I just replaced all the windows in the house and had them trimmed inside
with 6 " header.

Where should I place the black iron curtain rods, I have enough for
every window.

On the header or above on the wall?

The same for every window?

CathyLee

It depends on how it looks. Hang on one window and take some time to
decide if that's what you want. Don't install four curtain rods
without showing your wife, resulting in her asking you to move all of
them up about 2 inches. Trust me that's a real pain in the ass.

Colbyt

"CathyLee" wrote in message
I just replaced all the windows in the house and had them trimmed inside
with 6 " header.

Where should I place the black iron curtain rods, I have enough for
every window.

On the header or above on the wall?

The same for every window?

CathyLee

If using drapes you already have the correct answer is wherever you achieve
the desired floor clearance.

If you are making new draperies the standard is that the top of the drape
should at least cover the top of the casing. If using iron poles with rod
pocket drapes you might be able to mount on the window casing.

Almost always when using rods and rings you have to mount above the window
because the top of the drapery is usually about an inch below the bottom of
the rod.

The higher the rod the more "important" the window becomes and it also tends
to "raise the ceiling".

These are just the industry standards. Your house and you can do as you
wish.

Colbyt

Radiator placement Beartums Home Repair 24 March 25th 05 11:04 PM
shower curtain rod Jack Home Repair 5 February 1st 05 08:20 PM
track join not even causing curtain hooks to get stuck... sandiyan UK diy 1 May 6th 04 06:26 PM
Shower Curtain rail for Corner Bath.. Please help. Rune Langtind UK diy 7 March 2nd 04 10:02 AM
Holes in tile from Shower Curtain - What to do? Gary Dyrkacz Home Repair 3 February 22nd 04 02:26 AM