ak

Default Aluminum siding

Can anyone tell me if they have ever done this? My house is fairly small -
about 700 square feet and has aluminum siding all around. I am looking to
remove the siding and have a stucco exterior. Does anyone know if this
would be fairly expensive? I am leaning towards stripping the siding off
just the face of the house, leaving it on the sides and back. I know it
would be cheaper to just paint over the old siding, but it has a lot of
dents and is just plain ugly. Suggestions?

Edwin Pawlowski

"ak" wrote in message
. ..
Can anyone tell me if they have ever done this? My house is fairly
small -
about 700 square feet and has aluminum siding all around. I am looking to
remove the siding and have a stucco exterior. Does anyone know if this
would be fairly expensive? I am leaning towards stripping the siding off
just the face of the house, leaving it on the sides and back. I know it
would be cheaper to just paint over the old siding, but it has a lot of
dents and is just plain ugly. Suggestions?

It can be done. How to do it depends on the structure of the house, what
type of finish you want, etc. If it is an older house and you want to add
insulation, look into using a system such as Dryvit or Sto. You've seen
this type of finish on many buildings that you think are stone and stucco.

Expensive? I don't know your financial condition or state of mind, but it
is not a $500 job. You should be able to get a ballpark with a phone call
or two.

Aluminum wiring... Roy Metalworking 15 February 20th 05 07:20 PM
buying a house with Weyerhaeuser siding v Home Repair 5 March 22nd 04 04:49 AM
how to remove mold from (old) aluminum (white) siding? Stuckh... David Combs Home Repair 0 August 6th 03 12:36 AM
Aluminum vs Vinyl Siding Mr. Stein Home Repair 4 July 12th 03 12:02 AM
Vinyl windows and siding: need to make decision Pat Kiewicz Home Repair 1 July 10th 03 03:09 PM