Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Mike O'Donnell

Default Replacing pump on 18 year old Kenmore washer, anything else I should replace?

I have an 18 year old Kenmore direct drive washer. Lately it's not been
draining the tub completely, and occassionally I've seen a small amount of
water leaking from the front. I'm pretty certain that I'm going to be
replacing the pump. While I have it apart I'm going to do an inspection and
cleaning, and even though it doesn't seem to be having any other issues, is
there anything else (gaskets, seals, etc.) that I should just go ahead and
replace, or at least pay special attention to? Most of those parts are
pretty inexpensive and I'd rather replace them while I'm working on the rest
of the unit instead of waiting six months and disassembling the washer
again.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Mike O.