Frank Thompson

Default HVAC

have heat pump

At end of heating season I noted cold air being blown thru registers
when unit was on. Only way I could get get warm air (normal for me is
68 F setting) was to turn up thermostat to 90 degrees. That would
send warm air and when house warm enough I would cut off unit.
Now a/c season here in GA and no matter how low I set thermostat
unit will blow only room temp air. Your best guess as to prob?

Frank
GA
correct email is
HeatMan

Guess? You have either a refrigerant problem or a compressor problem.
Kinda hard to diagnosis a problem off the 'net.

The heat strips were heating your house during the winter. That's why you
had to turn it up so high. If you had just turned the thermostat to (about)
78°, that would have brought the strip heat on.

"Frank Thompson" wrote in message
have heat pump

At end of heating season I noted cold air being blown thru registers
when unit was on. Only way I could get get warm air (normal for me is
68 F setting) was to turn up thermostat to 90 degrees. That would
send warm air and when house warm enough I would cut off unit.
Now a/c season here in GA and no matter how low I set thermostat
unit will blow only room temp air. Your best guess as to prob?

Frank
GA
correct email is

HVAC Refrigerant indicator Barr Home Repair 1 April 27th 05 10:33 AM
HVAC WTF SteveB Home Repair 68 February 6th 05 06:10 PM
Checking Air Conditioner in Cold Weather Decij Home Repair 15 January 6th 05 05:12 AM
HVAC Dilemma Hell Toupee Home Repair 5 July 2nd 04 01:11 PM
Residential HVAC contractor recommendation in Houston, TX? TURTLE Home Repair 6 July 24th 03 08:23 PM