Gina and Les Armstrong

Default Spilled some torch oil on my deck

During a windy storm the other night, a small garden torch filled with
citronella/lamp oil fell over. The oil leaked out onto the deck and
stained/soaked into the board (5/4 x 6 PT). The spot is small, about 1 foot
long by 6 inches wide. What is the best way to remove the oil? I scrubbed
it with concentrated deck cleaner and a stiff brush, but the spot is still
stained and oily to the touch. Is there any problem with just leaving as
is? My guess is that it will eventually evaporate. If the stain remains,
I can just put a flower pot over it.

Thanks in advance!

Les

Charles Spitzer

"Gina and Les Armstrong" wrote in
message .. .
During a windy storm the other night, a small garden torch filled with
citronella/lamp oil fell over. The oil leaked out onto the deck and
stained/soaked into the board (5/4 x 6 PT). The spot is small, about 1
foot long by 6 inches wide. What is the best way to remove the oil? I
scrubbed it with concentrated deck cleaner and a stiff brush, but the spot
is still stained and oily to the touch. Is there any problem with just
leaving as is? My guess is that it will eventually evaporate. If the
stain remains, I can just put a flower pot over it.

Thanks in advance!

Les

put kitty litter on top of it to draw out the oil. it'll still stain. you'll
never get it all out.

Stormin Mormon

First thing came to mind to me was Simple Green. I've not tried this, but it
came to mind. Good luck.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Gina and Les Armstrong" wrote in
message .. .
During a windy storm the other night, a small garden torch filled with
citronella/lamp oil fell over. The oil leaked out onto the deck and
stained/soaked into the board (5/4 x 6 PT). The spot is small, about 1 foot
long by 6 inches wide. What is the best way to remove the oil? I scrubbed
it with concentrated deck cleaner and a stiff brush, but the spot is still
stained and oily to the touch. Is there any problem with just leaving as
is? My guess is that it will eventually evaporate. If the stain remains,
I can just put a flower pot over it.

Thanks in advance!

Les

Deck Damage Emergency Michael Roback Home Ownership 2 May 31st 05 05:48 PM
Removing Mold From Plywood Deck HELP Michael Roback Home Repair 4 February 19th 05 05:25 PM
deck problem John D'Errico Home Repair 3 August 30th 04 12:02 AM
buiding a deck questi barry martin Home Repair 2 August 17th 04 06:47 PM
Varnishing a house deck? [deck refinishing] Emily Lattella Home Repair 2 July 16th 03 08:07 PM