Charles Spitzer

"Gina and Les Armstrong" wrote in
message .. .
During a windy storm the other night, a small garden torch filled with
citronella/lamp oil fell over. The oil leaked out onto the deck and
stained/soaked into the board (5/4 x 6 PT). The spot is small, about 1
foot long by 6 inches wide. What is the best way to remove the oil? I
scrubbed it with concentrated deck cleaner and a stiff brush, but the spot
is still stained and oily to the touch. Is there any problem with just
leaving as is? My guess is that it will eventually evaporate. If the
stain remains, I can just put a flower pot over it.

Thanks in advance!

Les

put kitty litter on top of it to draw out the oil. it'll still stain. you'll
never get it all out.