MikeP

In article ,
says...
During a windy storm the other night, a small garden torch filled with
citronella/lamp oil fell over. The oil leaked out onto the deck and
stained/soaked into the board (5/4 x 6 PT). The spot is small, about 1 foot
long by 6 inches wide. What is the best way to remove the oil? I scrubbed
it with concentrated deck cleaner and a stiff brush, but the spot is still
stained and oily to the touch. Is there any problem with just leaving as
is? My guess is that it will eventually evaporate. If the stain remains,
I can just put a flower pot over it.

A new board might cost less than new brushes and cleaners.