Jennifer

Default Whatsit called? - no-growth groundcover mat

A few weeks ago, I saw something at a nursery that looked like some
sort of synthetic mat that you could cut to fit a space and put it down
outdoors to stop plant growth in a specific area. Now I'm trying to
look it up, and I'm failing at Google. "no plant growth mat" "stop
plant growth synthetic" "stop plant grow"

I give up. Anyone know what they're called?

TIA!

--
Jennifer

John McGaw

Brian V wrote:
"Jennifer" wrote in message
ups.com...

A few weeks ago, I saw something at a nursery that looked like some
sort of synthetic mat that you could cut to fit a space and put it down
outdoors to stop plant growth in a specific area. Now I'm trying to
look it up, and I'm failing at Google. "no plant growth mat" "stop
plant growth synthetic" "stop plant grow"

I give up. Anyone know what they're called?

TIA!

--
Jennifer

Landscaping fabric

Or OP might be referring to one of those mulch mats made from ground up
tires although most of those I've seen are round and meant to surround
trees.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Jennifer

John McGaw wrote:
Brian V wrote:

Landscaping fabric

Or OP might be referring to one of those mulch mats made from ground

up
tires although most of those I've seen are round and meant to

surround
trees.

This sounds like it might the stuff, or close to it, but what I saw was
rectangular and folded like a blanket.

However, it looks like landscaping fabric will do exactly what I need,
too.

Thanks!

--
Jennifer

The Real Tom

On 12 May 2005 13:08:22 -0700, "Jennifer" wrote:

A few weeks ago, I saw something at a nursery that looked like some
sort of synthetic mat that you could cut to fit a space and put it down
outdoors to stop plant growth in a specific area. Now I'm trying to
look it up, and I'm failing at Google. "no plant growth mat" "stop
plant growth synthetic" "stop plant grow"

I give up. Anyone know what they're called?

TIA!

Weed block?

hth,

tom @ www.WorkAtHomePlans.com

John Hines

The Real Tom tom @ www.Love-Calculators.com wrote:

On 12 May 2005 13:08:22 -0700, "Jennifer" wrote:

A few weeks ago, I saw something at a nursery that looked like some
sort of synthetic mat that you could cut to fit a space and put it down
outdoors to stop plant growth in a specific area. Now I'm trying to
look it up, and I'm failing at Google. "no plant growth mat" "stop
plant growth synthetic" "stop plant grow"

I give up. Anyone know what they're called?

TIA!

Weed block?

I've seen it, usually in signs or such where letter space is at a
premium as "weed mat".