Default Sandstone address markers (or similar)? [0T?]

Greetings all!

Our house is very hard to find -- partly because it is out in the
country, but also because our address is a lower number than the number
on our neighbor's archway that you have to go through to get to our
house. To encourage people to continue in search of our house, we have
two address markers pointing towards our house, and since both of them
are on other people's properties, we like for them to be smallish (low
to the ground) and sort of natural-looking. To complicate matters,
cattle graze this land about 6 months of the year, and they have
mercilessly trampled and repeatedly knocked over the little 6 or 8 inch
high signs that I had been using.

So what we'd like would be something that looks like a hunk of rock
(preferably sandstone, or something rugged; slate would not be
appropriate for where we live)...maybe 8 inches high, 8 inches deep and
a foot or so wide..with our house numbers and an arrow "carved" in. It
wouldn't have to be real sandstone (which would weather too quickly
anyway) but I want something that has a rugged rock look, is heavy
enough to stay put in the wind and rain, and is durable enough to
tolerate being kicked by bovines.

Does anyone know of any online sites that might have something along
these lines?

Thanks!

Chuck

P.S. This isn't so much a "home repair" query as it is a "home
improvement" query, so I apologize if it seems off topic. Is there a
better newsgroup for this kind of question?

Charles Spitzer

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

go to a stone supply place, pick out a chunk of what you like, and have the
design sand blasted into it.

DanG

Stop at the local mortuary and ask who makes head stones. Pick
out the rock of your choice and have them sandblast the numbers
in. This type of work will not be a surprise to them.

(top posted for your convenience)
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

wrote in message
[...]

computer interface help with at least 29 output ports Ryan Kremser Electronics 18 December 17th 04 08:50 PM
Toronto area lumber? Pick Woodworking 4 November 20th 03 02:29 PM
Address modification possible with AOL? WbSearch Electronics Repair 2 October 18th 03 11:26 PM