Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Installing frameless shower door: How hard is it?

I've just ordered a frameless shower door -- specifically, a door and
an adjacent flat panel. The whole thing is about four feet wide (panel
and door) and 6'5" tall.

This is one of those ridiculously expensive -- but cool-looking --
shower doors that mounts with a couple of chrome brackets or "clips"
rather than the traditional channels.

After we got the bid, I noticed that about a third of the cost was
installation -- $500. So, I immediately said I'd do it myself. The
glass guy said OK, but did a lot of head-shaking and said, "We really
don't recommend that."

Has anyone installed one of these things? Is there some trick to it
that would justify paying anyone $500 to install it. I mean, you
measure carefully, drill and mount your brackets, right? Is there
anything I'm missing?

Mark

power/electric shower Graham Wilson UK diy 1 May 29th 04 01:07 PM
Shower Pump Martin UK diy 2 January 26th 04 10:23 PM
Grooveless shower head pipe? Robert Schultz Home Repair 3 January 3rd 04 04:40 AM
Dirty folk: third shower proposed! GB UK diy 8 September 10th 03 07:55 PM
New Condensing Boiler and Shower Bjorn UK diy 19 August 13th 03 03:54 PM