fixerupper

Default cabinet help!

Help! We need to choose our cabinets and fast! We're very good at
selecting cabinets based on aesthetics, but determining quality is more
difficult. We're currently looking at Kemper, Kraftmaid and Dynasty by
Omega -- similarly priced brands. Any feedback on these brands would be
great. More -- what are the signs of quality we *should* be
prioritizing -- aka dovetailed corners, all-wood construction etc. And
lastly - anyone have any warnings (i.e. the plastic glides on our
drawers keep breaking....) Thank you!

Hopkins

No personal experience with kitchen cabinets, but CR recommends Omega,
Fieldstone, and Diamond premium, along with Shenandoah, Thomasville,
and KraftMaid mid-level.

Frank J Warner

In article .com,
fixerupper wrote:

Help! We need to choose our cabinets and fast! We're very good at
selecting cabinets based on aesthetics, but determining quality is more
difficult. We're currently looking at Kemper, Kraftmaid and Dynasty by
Omega -- similarly priced brands. Any feedback on these brands would be
great. More -- what are the signs of quality we *should* be
prioritizing -- aka dovetailed corners, all-wood construction etc. And
lastly - anyone have any warnings (i.e. the plastic glides on our
drawers keep breaking....) Thank you!

I'm not familiar with the brands you mentioned but, when we remodeled
our kitchen last year, we chose Diamond cabinets. Solid hickory
face-frames and doors, composition and ply carcasses. Installed them
ourselves and couldn't be happier with the look and the quality. Liked
them so much we bought Diamond oak cabinets for the hobby room.

-Frank

--
fwarner1-at-franksknives-dot-com
Here's some of my work: