David DeBoer

Default Probably a silly paint question

I am going to paint my basement walls (block construction) I prefer the
look of flat white paint. I have an awful lot of glossy white paint left
over from another project. Is there a way to make glossy paint flat? Or at
least maybe something not as shinny?

Thanks...

Charles Spitzer

"David DeBoer" wrote in message
I am going to paint my basement walls (block construction) I prefer the
look of flat white paint. I have an awful lot of glossy white paint left
over from another project. Is there a way to make glossy paint flat? Or
at least maybe something not as shinny?

Thanks...

talc is added to paint to make it flat. the more you add, the flatter it
gets. it'd be a bear to mix it up well enough though.

PhotoMan

"David DeBoer" wrote in message
I am going to paint my basement walls (block construction) I prefer the
look of flat white paint. I have an awful lot of glossy white paint left
over from another project. Is there a way to make glossy paint flat? Or

at
least maybe something not as shinny?

Shinny? That's funy. :-)

none

On Mon, 2 May 2005 15:13:02 -0400, "David DeBoer"
wrote:

I am going to paint my basement walls (block construction) I prefer the
look of flat white paint. I have an awful lot of glossy white paint left
over from another project. Is there a way to make glossy paint flat? Or at
least maybe something not as shinny?

Thanks...

How about using gloss paint for first coat, (after whatever you're
using to seal the blocks)
Then follow up with flat paint
Chuck
Bill

Look for a matte finish sealer. Usually in the faux finish areas of the
home/paint stores.

Best way to paint peeling porch ceiling? DesignGuy Home Repair 2 April 16th 05 02:48 AM
Paint Sprayer Question [email protected] Woodworking 4 January 13th 05 12:15 AM
Silly Question Richard UK diy 6 September 12th 04 10:19 PM
Silly tiling question. Nodge UK diy 19 September 9th 04 10:22 PM
exterior paint adhering or not? Gary C Home Repair 3 November 2nd 03 10:57 AM