Martin

Default How to water test plumbing

well, my plumbing adventures continue. thanks to all who helped before,
especially speedy jim......
now that all is done, i want to do the water test for leakage. it is my
understanding that the system should be filled with water for 15min to test
for leaks, plugging all openings except the highest.
How, and with what do I plug the main stack running form the 2nd floor to
basement? There is a cleanout at the basement level, so I guess it can be
plugged there, but with what? I red somwhere that a baloon is used ? (is
it a special plumbing baloon? - I want to make sure it will withstand the
pressure of water from floors above)
Thanks

m.

Speedy Jim

Martin wrote:

well, my plumbing adventures continue. thanks to all who helped before,
especially speedy jim......
now that all is done, i want to do the water test for leakage. it is my
understanding that the system should be filled with water for 15min to test
for leaks, plugging all openings except the highest.
How, and with what do I plug the main stack running form the 2nd floor to
basement? There is a cleanout at the basement level, so I guess it can be
plugged there, but with what? I red somwhere that a baloon is used ? (is
it a special plumbing baloon? - I want to make sure it will withstand the
pressure of water from floors above)
Thanks

m.

Sewer Test Plug:

http://www.buchen.com/2_long_pneumatic_multi.htm

(one style)

I don't know if this is going to work in your
application. The water column is going to pressurize
every sink trap along the way...

Jim

Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Flushing / Cleaning Hot Water Heater Help Needed Cuse Home Repair 38 December 1st 03 02:01 AM
test for Jimbo dale Metalworking 3 November 13th 03 05:52 PM
Why is this a bad idea? Mike Hibbert UK diy 18 August 28th 03 11:59 PM