Martin

Default How to water test plumbing

well, my plumbing adventures continue. thanks to all who helped before,
especially speedy jim......
now that all is done, i want to do the water test for leakage. it is my
understanding that the system should be filled with water for 15min to test
for leaks, plugging all openings except the highest.
How, and with what do I plug the main stack running form the 2nd floor to
basement? There is a cleanout at the basement level, so I guess it can be
plugged there, but with what? I red somwhere that a baloon is used ? (is
it a special plumbing baloon? - I want to make sure it will withstand the
pressure of water from floors above)
Thanks

m.