wryq

Default Kelvinator Stove , wire came off

I'm afraid I becam over zealous in my cleaning of the stove my
landlord brought me. While having the top proped up to clean the pan
underneath I managed to tear off one of 2 Green wires that ground to
the fram of the stove.
I have looked at the back of another stove that had simular colored
wire coding. It too had 2 green wires grounding to the frame. One
grounded the clock. And the other the grounded the "Accesory Outled".
I'm fairly sure this is where it should have gone, though I can see
where it was removed.
The length of the wire would only reach the plug or possibly the oven
switch or one of the other budled wire groups.
I realize this should call for an electrical apliance repair
proffesional. But I'm located a little too remotely for that to be
feasible.
Anyone familiar with stove wiring care to second guess this ?

Thanks for any advice

Rick F.

Heres some pics.

The back of the stove
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s/FullBbackjpg

The reach of the wire
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...wireLength.jpg

The reach of the wire 2
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ireLenght2.jpg

The remaining atached green wire
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s/Atatched.jpg

The remaining atatched wire 2nd shot
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s/atatched2jpg

The Plug 1
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...NotherPlug.jpg

The Plug 2
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...es/PlugJPG.jpg

The Model number 1
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...modelNumb2.jpg

The model number 2
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s/Modelhalfjpg

The electrical schematic
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s/Schematicjpg
Edwin Pawlowski

"wryq" wrote in message
om...
I'm afraid I becam over zealous in my cleaning of the stove my
landlord brought me. While having the top proped up to clean the pan
underneath I managed to tear off one of 2 Green wires that ground to
the fram of the stove.
I have looked at the back of another stove that had simular colored
wire coding. It too had 2 green wires grounding to the frame. One
grounded the clock. And the other the grounded the "Accesory Outled".
I'm fairly sure this is where it should have gone, though I can see
where it was removed.
The length of the wire would only reach the plug or possibly the oven
switch or one of the other budled wire groups.

I could not see a couple of the photos. Did the wire just pull out, rather
than break? If so, using the reach of the wire you can eliminate many of
the potential places. Is the other stove you looked at very similar?
Sounds like you can see where it should be from your description. How is it
attached?

Take your time and look carefully for a spade connector that has no wire on
it. If you see it, that makes it very simple as all you have to do is
somehow reconnect it. If the wire comes up short, you can slice in a piece
using a proper wire nut or crimp connector. You can buy a connector and
crimping tool for much less than the price of a service call.

Appliance Repair Aid

wryq wrote:
[...]

Hi,

Nice pics Only 1/2 worked for me

It too had 2 green wires grounding to the frame. One
grounded the clock. And the other the grounded the "Accesory Outled".
I'm fairly sure this is where it should have gone, though I can see
where it was removed.

Definelty appears to be broken off of the outlet plug. Might be able to
take apart the outlet and resolder the ground wire back on or simply
replace the plug outlet with a new one.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

badgolferman

wryq, 4/27/2005, 9:13:24 PM, wrote:

Anyone familiar with stove wiring care to second guess this ?

Thanks for any advice

Some of the pictures were not available. I am an electronic technician
and have only my experience there to draw on. Often times we attach a
ground wire to the frame of the device also. I noticed in one picture
the wire you held was hooked at the conductor end like it had been
wrapped around a screw. It looked very close to the bolt and screw
coming up through the sheet metal. Does it look like it can go there?

--
No matter what happens someone will find a way to take it too seriously.

Grounding Rodney Kelp Electronics Repair 43 December 6th 04 01:39 AM
My Air Conditioner -- I don't think I goofed up.... Clay Harryman Home Repair 4 July 3rd 04 05:52 AM
automotive wire size calculator CampinGazz Electronics 1 January 5th 04 07:02 PM
240 volt wiring Charles Home Repair 11 December 30th 03 11:13 PM
replacing old non-grounded (2 prong) electric receptacles David Jensen Home Repair 27 August 26th 03 12:14 AM