Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
wryq

Default Kelvinator Stove , wire came off

I'm afraid I becam over zealous in my cleaning of the stove my
landlord brought me. While having the top proped up to clean the pan
underneath I managed to tear off one of 2 Green wires that ground to
the fram of the stove.
I have looked at the back of another stove that had simular colored
wire coding. It too had 2 green wires grounding to the frame. One
grounded the clock. And the other the grounded the "Accesory Outled".
I'm fairly sure this is where it should have gone, though I can see
where it was removed.
The length of the wire would only reach the plug or possibly the oven
switch or one of the other budled wire groups.
I realize this should call for an electrical apliance repair
proffesional. But I'm located a little too remotely for that to be
feasible.
Anyone familiar with stove wiring care to second guess this ?

Thanks for any advice

Rick F.

Heres some pics.

The back of the stove
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s/FullBbackjpg

The reach of the wire
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...wireLength.jpg

The reach of the wire 2
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ireLenght2.jpg

The remaining atached green wire
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s/Atatched.jpg

The remaining atatched wire 2nd shot
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s/atatched2jpg

The Plug 1
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...NotherPlug.jpg

The Plug 2
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...es/PlugJPG.jpg

The Model number 1
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...modelNumb2.jpg

The model number 2
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s/Modelhalfjpg

The electrical schematic
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s/Schematicjpg

Grounding Rodney Kelp Electronics Repair 43 December 6th 04 01:39 AM
My Air Conditioner -- I don't think I goofed up.... Clay Harryman Home Repair 4 July 3rd 04 05:52 AM
automotive wire size calculator CampinGazz Electronics 1 January 5th 04 07:02 PM
240 volt wiring Charles Home Repair 11 December 30th 03 11:13 PM
replacing old non-grounded (2 prong) electric receptacles David Jensen Home Repair 27 August 26th 03 12:14 AM