Abe

Default The Clapper (or similar device) for wall switch?

Has anyone used The Clapper or a similar device on a wall switch to
turn on/off room lighting? I know the advertisement says it's to be
used in an outlet, but I'm wondering if I can use it (or similar
device) in a wall switch. Any experiences would be helpful.

Thanks

m Ransley

Similar , better, expandable but not with the clap disease is X10 sold
as plug in power at radioshack .

World Traveler

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Similar , better, expandable but not with the clap disease is X10 sold
as plug in power at radioshack .

There's also a sensor which turns on the circuit whenever it detects
movement in the room, which can be used to automatically turn on lights
(such as in a closet, or in a conference room). It's available at the big
box stores and electrical supply stores.

I installed one in the kitchen, but found that if someone stood still too
long the lights would go off -- very disconcerting -- so later removed it.
Regards --

Edwin Pawlowski

"Abe" wrote in message
Has anyone used The Clapper or a similar device on a wall switch to
turn on/off room lighting? I know the advertisement says it's to be
used in an outlet, but I'm wondering if I can use it (or similar
device) in a wall switch. Any experiences would be helpful.

Thanks

Check out Smart Home www.smarthome.com or X-10 www.x10.com for
anything you need for remote control. I have a half dozen lights controlled
by them. I can even turn on a couple of lights from my car if I come home
late.

m Ransley

3 button built in or handheld garage door openers can be programed to
X10.

Abe

Check out Smart Home www.smarthome.com or X-10 www.x10.com for
anything you need for remote control. I have a half dozen lights controlled
by them. I can even turn on a couple of lights from my car if I come home
late.

-------
Wow, more expensive than I thought.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Abe" wrote in message
Check out Smart Home www.smarthome.com or X-10 www.x10.com for
anything you need for remote control. I have a half dozen lights
controlled
by them. I can even turn on a couple of lights from my car if I come home
late.

-------
Wow, more expensive than I thought.

I thought it reasonably priced. One light switch and controller will cost
about $48. Additional modules are $10 to $15. Mine is over 20 years old,
so we're looking at $2 a year for convenience, security, economy of
operation. I have a manual controller on the nightstand. If I hear noise
outside at night, I hit a button and lights go on outside. What is that
safety worth to you?

I'm not ready to spend $80 on a voice activated dimmer, but for normal light
controller security, this is a pretty cheap way to go.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/