PeteXX

Default Window springs

My house has windows which ride up against two metal frames. Within the
frames, for each window, there are spring loaded clips on which the windows
ride. The spring clips hold the window up at any point along the track.
One of the clips has broken, so that the window does not stay up at any
point. I think the spring is also screwed up behind the frame.
Can this unit be repaired? Can the clip be repaired or does the frame have
to be replaced? These windows are 31 years old and I wonder if the frames
are even available. What kind of store would carry these frames?

Any advice as to next steps? The window is one of six in the front of the
house so the idea of replacing one entire window unit is not desirable.
Thanks for your help.

Art

If you look closely at the glass you might if you are lucky find a brand
name for the window.

If not, you will need to make some phone calls. The tracks are probably
replaceable but usually there is a secret way to remove the sash (sliding
part of the window) by sliding it half way down and squeezing it past the
track. After you remove the sashes you pull off the track and take it to
some stores that handle windows and see if they can match the track. Or
make some phone calls first from windows listing in the yellow pages. Also
check real lumber yards, not Home Depot, that supply builders with windows.

"PeteXX" wrote in message
My house has windows which ride up against two metal frames. Within the
frames, for each window, there are spring loaded clips on which the
windows ride. The spring clips hold the window up at any point along the
track. One of the clips has broken, so that the window does not stay up at
any point. I think the spring is also screwed up behind the frame.
Can this unit be repaired? Can the clip be repaired or does the frame
have to be replaced? These windows are 31 years old and I wonder if the
frames are even available. What kind of store would carry these frames?

Any advice as to next steps? The window is one of six in the front of the
house so the idea of replacing one entire window unit is not desirable.
Thanks for your help.

Colbyt

"PeteXX" wrote in message
My house has windows which ride up against two metal frames. Within the
frames, for each window, there are spring loaded clips on which the

windows
ride. The spring clips hold the window up at any point along the track.
One of the clips has broken, so that the window does not stay up at any
point. I think the spring is also screwed up behind the frame.
Can this unit be repaired? Can the clip be repaired or does the frame

have
to be replaced? These windows are 31 years old and I wonder if the frames
are even available. What kind of store would carry these frames?

Any advice as to next steps? The window is one of six in the front of the
house so the idea of replacing one entire window unit is not desirable.
Thanks for your help.

Try www.blainewindow.com

Unless they have upgraded the site about all you can do is order a catalog.

They should have whatever window part you need.

Colbyt

Roger Shoaf

Check a good local hardware store or glass shop.

Check he

http://www.slide-co.com/

and you might find a part number or name of a part to ask for.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

"PeteXX" wrote in message
My house has windows which ride up against two metal frames. Within the
frames, for each window, there are spring loaded clips on which the

windows
ride. The spring clips hold the window up at any point along the track.
One of the clips has broken, so that the window does not stay up at any
point. I think the spring is also screwed up behind the frame.
Can this unit be repaired? Can the clip be repaired or does the frame

have
to be replaced? These windows are 31 years old and I wonder if the frames
are even available. What kind of store would carry these frames?

Any advice as to next steps? The window is one of six in the front of the
house so the idea of replacing one entire window unit is not desirable.
Thanks for your help.

PeteXX

Thanks for your help.

"Roger Shoaf" wrote in message
Check a good local hardware store or glass shop.

Check he

http://www.slide-co.com/

and you might find a part number or name of a part to ask for.

--

Roger Shoaf

About the time I had mastered getting the toothpaste back in the tube,
then

"PeteXX" wrote in message
My house has windows which ride up against two metal frames. Within the
frames, for each window, there are spring loaded clips on which the

windows
ride. The spring clips hold the window up at any point along the track.
One of the clips has broken, so that the window does not stay up at any
point. I think the spring is also screwed up behind the frame.
Can this unit be repaired? Can the clip be repaired or does the frame

have
to be replaced? These windows are 31 years old and I wonder if the frames
are even available. What kind of store would carry these frames?

Any advice as to next steps? The window is one of six in the front of
the
house so the idea of replacing one entire window unit is not desirable.
Thanks for your help.

MUADIB®

A Typical Window guy term for these "springs"
is *balance rod* it'll help in talking with a window guy if you
actually contact one.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html