longshot

Default water softener

I bought a house that has a water softener in it & don't know how to set
it.. it seems top cycle several times a day, which I doubt is normal,,
shouldn't it be about every 2 days or so?
TIA
Rob

This mailbox protected from unsolicited email by Spam Alarm
from Dignity Software http://www.dignitysoftware.com

Brian

It always helps when you mention brand & model...

If it looks really old (10Years), loose it. Buy new
with demand regeneration.

Brian

longshot

it's got a culligan name on it.. I am not renting it, it came with the
house.. If I call Culligan, they may tell me it's their's & give it back.
the house was a repo. It only has 6 options for the regeneration usage. I've
never seen one like it. it probably is around 10 years old.

This mailbox protected from unsolicited email by Spam Alarm
from Dignity Software http://www.dignitysoftware.com
"Brian" wrote in message
oups.com...
It always helps when you mention brand & model...

If it looks really old (10Years), loose it. Buy new
with demand regeneration.

Brian

Alan

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:39:24 GMT, "longshot"
wrote:

I bought a house that has a water softener in it & don't know how to set
it.. it seems top cycle several times a day, which I doubt is normal,,
shouldn't it be about every 2 days or so?

It definitely should not be regenerating several times a day. The
length of time depends on capacity and water usage, but may possibly
be every two days or so. Usually they are programmed to regenerate in
the middle of the night when soft water is unlikely to be used. If
you can find a model number, you may be able to get a manual from the
manufacturer.