Alan

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:39:24 GMT, "longshot"
wrote:

I bought a house that has a water softener in it & don't know how to set
it.. it seems top cycle several times a day, which I doubt is normal,,
shouldn't it be about every 2 days or so?

It definitely should not be regenerating several times a day. The
length of time depends on capacity and water usage, but may possibly
be every two days or so. Usually they are programmed to regenerate in
the middle of the night when soft water is unlikely to be used. If
you can find a model number, you may be able to get a manual from the
manufacturer.