R.H.

Default Weird plumbing problem

I have a 5-yr-old house with an odd plumbing problem. What happens is that if I or my
wife runs the water in the sink in the upstairs bathroom, air gurgles up through the toilet.
And it seems to be just air, there's no odor to it. Nothing happens when we run the
shower.

At the same time, we sometimes have weird problems with the upstairs toilets (there's
one other bathroom upstairs). For no apparent reason they'll both get plugged up at
once.

I tried using Drano on both upstairs bathrooms but it didn't seem to help. Anything else I
should be doing?

Darryl

I have a 5-yr-old house with an odd plumbing problem. What happens is that if I or my
wife runs the water in the sink in the upstairs bathroom, air gurgles up through the toilet.
And it seems to be just air, there's no odor to it. Nothing happens when we run the
shower.

At the same time, we sometimes have weird problems with the upstairs toilets (there's
one other bathroom upstairs). For no apparent reason they'll both get plugged up at
once.

I tried using Drano on both upstairs bathrooms but it didn't seem to help. Anything else I
should be doing?

Talk to the contractor who installed the pipes :-). Sounds like the
sink wasn't vented properly or perhaps it was--get up on the roof and
check out the pipes (look for squirrels, birds, tennis balls, Santa
Claus, etc.)

Just my CDN$0.02.

Joseph Meehan

R.H. wrote:
I have a 5-yr-old house with an odd plumbing problem. What happens is
that if I or my
wife runs the water in the sink in the upstairs bathroom, air gurgles
up through the toilet. And it seems to be just air, there's no odor
to it. Nothing happens when we run the
shower.

At the same time, we sometimes have weird problems with the upstairs
toilets (there's
one other bathroom upstairs). For no apparent reason they'll both get
plugged up at
once.

I tried using Drano on both upstairs bathrooms but it didn't seem to
help. Anything else I should be doing?

As noted, you likely have a blocked vent or drain (likely outside your
home).

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia's Muire duit

Ham radio weird problem [email protected] Electronics Repair 8 January 27th 05 04:23 AM
plumbing problem... in2minds UK diy 3 January 19th 05 09:41 PM
Plumbing problem: toilet won't fill and shower pressure low. Stoic Home Repair 3 May 25th 04 01:35 AM
weird Refrigerator-TV problem BRN Home Repair 6 November 7th 03 08:37 PM