in2minds

Default plumbing problem...

I have a 50mm plastic waste pipe running from the rear of our cellar to
a 4" clay soil pipe at the front.
the clay pipe used to connect to a toilet but that's been taken out to
create more floor space.
what I need is to connect the 50mm plastic pipe to the clay pipe, is
that possible, if so how ?
the clay pipe will have a cut end (can I cut it to length with a diamond
blade disc cutter ?) so whatever the solution it will have to either
slot in or over it.

thanks
LJ

Charlie

in2minds wrote:
I have a 50mm plastic waste pipe running from the rear of our cellar

a 4" clay soil pipe at the front.
the clay pipe used to connect to a toilet but that's been taken out

create more floor space.
what I need is to connect the 50mm plastic pipe to the clay pipe, is
that possible, if so how ?

You could use a flexible rubber coupling (which has two big double
jubilee clips at each end). Hepworth sell a whole range of
different/variable sizes.

the clay pipe will have a cut end (can I cut it to length with a

diamond
blade disc cutter ?) so whatever the solution it will have to either

A diamond blade disc cutter will work - just make sure the pipe's
supported whilst you are cutting to prevent lenthwise cracks in the
pipe.

slot in or over it.

Slot over.

Charlie

Hepworth Plumbing Team

"in2minds" wrote in message
I have a 50mm plastic waste pipe running from the rear of our cellar to
a 4" clay soil pipe at the front.
the clay pipe used to connect to a toilet but that's been taken out to
create more floor space.
what I need is to connect the 50mm plastic pipe to the clay pipe, is
that possible, if so how ?
the clay pipe will have a cut end (can I cut it to length with a diamond
blade disc cutter ?) so whatever the solution it will have to either
slot in or over it.

thanks
LJ

There are 50mm waste to drain connectors which will fit and seal inside a 4
inch clay drainage pipe.

The Hepworth product is the S462 Internal Drain Connector: -

http://www.hepworthplumbing.co.uk/hepwasteprod8.htm

Which is available at builders' or plumbers' merchants.

Other manufacturers offer similar products
The Hepworth Plumbing Products Team
--
Tel: +44 (0)1709 856 300 |Hepworth Plumbing Products
Fax: +44 (0)1709 856 301 |Edlington Lane, Edlington

in2minds

There are 50mm waste to drain connectors which will fit and seal
inside a 4
inch clay drainage pipe.

The Hepworth product is the S462 Internal Drain Connector: -

http://www.hepworthplumbing.co.uk/hepwasteprod8.htm

Which is available at builders' or plumbers' merchants.

thanks... just what I was looking for

LJ