Art

There is a blockage deep down the line. You will either need a long snake
or a plumber with a long snake. I would go with the latter.

"R.H." wrote in message

I have a 5-yr-old house with an odd plumbing problem. What happens is that
if I or my
wife runs the water in the sink in the upstairs bathroom, air gurgles up
through the toilet.
And it seems to be just air, there's no odor to it. Nothing happens when
we run the
shower.

At the same time, we sometimes have weird problems with the upstairs
toilets (there's
one other bathroom upstairs). For no apparent reason they'll both get
plugged up at
once.

I tried using Drano on both upstairs bathrooms but it didn't seem to help.
Anything else I
should be doing?